Karen Slattery Educational Research Center for Child
Goals & Objectives
The ERCCD strives to provide a program which will:
- enhance each child’s social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development.
- provide a safe, secure and nurturing learning environment.
- encourage the development of a positive self-concept.
- foster a love of learning.
- encourage children to become independent thinkers who are able to make choices and decisions.
- develop respect of individuals and value cultural, ethnic, and racial diversity.
- establish and maintain strong parent/center relationships.
- help prepare adult students to become early childhood educators, center directors, and/or research scholars in professions and sciences related to early childhood and family.
- foster and maximize the potential of young children by providing a broad range of learning experiences.
- foster an optimal early childhood learning environment, which is useful in research endeavors.