Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Exceptional Student Education is offering a grant-funded graduate program providing the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in Exceptional Student Education (ESE) with the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) endorsement or the ASD endorsement only through Project I2.
- Grant funding covers tuition. Textbooks and transportation fees will be the responsibility of participants.
- Time to complete the program depends on the specific pathway.
- Students must meet admission criteria including minimum score requirements on the GRE or Miller Analogies Test to be considered for admission.
- Visit the ESE Department website for admission requirements.
- Students must apply to the graduate college and complete the Project I2 application.
- Visit the following website to apply to the FAU Graduate College: http://www.fau.edu/graduate/applyonline/
- You can enroll in the FAU ASD classes as a non-degree-seeking student. Please visit http://www.fau.edu/registrar/registration/non-degree.php to apply as non-degree seeking.
- Visit the ESE Department website for information on the required courses for the Master’s degree program http://www.coe.fau.edu/academicdepartments/ese/medese.php.
- Please note that some courses require prerequisites.
- Students admitted to Project I2 must meet the ESE Department degree completion requirements throughout the program to maintain enrollment in Project I2.
- Project I2 ASD courses (see chart below) cover all of the FDOE competencies in ASD.
- Project I2 has a service obligation requirement.
The following courses are required for all Project I2 participants:
|EEX 6095 Nature & Characteristics of ASD||Fall, Spring, Summer||None|
|EEX 6210 Diagnosis, Assessment & Instructional Decision Making for Students with ASD||Summer||EEX 2010 or EEX 4070 or EEX 5051 or EEX 6095 or equivalent|
|EEX 6298 Intervention: Social, Communication, Academic & Functional Skills for Students with ASD||Fall||EEX 2010 or EEX 4070 or EEX 5051 or EEX 6095 or equivalent|
|EEX 6602 Behavior Change & Management||Summer||EEX 5612 or equivalent course in ABA and EEX 5051 or EEX 6095 or equivalent|
|EEX 5612 Applied Behavior Analysis||Spring and Summer||No prerequisite|
Questions? Email ProjectI2@fau.edu