Barbara Fries, Ed.D. CCC-SLPAssistant Professor
FAU Boca Campus
College of Education
ED 47 Room 451
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Barbara Fries, Ed.D. CCC-SLP
Instructor, Clinical Supervisor
WELCOME TO MY HOME PAGE !!
I have been at FAU since I was an undergrad. I received my Masters Degree from this department and after going out in the world to gain experience, came back for more! I recently completed my Doctorate in Exceptional Student Education and graduated in April 2004. I currently supervise clinic and teach courses in Introduction to Communication Disorders, Normal Processes of Language Development, AAC, Language Disorders Birth to Four, and my favorite - Oral Motor Evaluation and Treatment. My other passions are volleyball and painting, I paint everything that doesn't paint me first, from ceramic pots to murals, it's a great outlet!
I have two teenagers, my oldest has Down Syndrome. Look at my favorite web sites to learn more about individuals with Down Syndrome. My favorite place in the world is Key West, a very inspiring place, where I have been told there are more PhD's per capita swinging hammers than anywhere else in the world !
SOME OF MY FAVORITE WEB SITES
- http://www.behavioradvisor.com/ (Behavior management)
- http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/comdis/kuster2/therapy.html (Therapy ideas)
- http://www.sinetwork.org/ (Sensory Integration)
- http://shop.azstarnet.com/cgi-bin/iti.storefront (Oral Motor Treatment)
- http://www.rosemond.com/ (Parenting)
- http://www.ds-health.com/ (Down Syndrome)
- http://www.ndss.org/ (Down Syndrome)